Re: Disney's Dinosaur

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog wrote:

I for one am glad Disney chose two lesser known taxa over the popular
Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops. I grilled my friends about the dino's in the
trailer and one of them did get Carnotaurus correctly (albeit after I said
it was the "flesh-bull"), though he missed out on Pachyrhinosaurus.

Some further lesser known species include _Microceratops_, _Stygimoloch_, _Ichthyornis_, etc... (for those of you that didn't know).

unless I'm mistaken, was that gliding reptile Longisquama? It was depicted
with bulging, chameleon-like eyes, as in the April 1975 issue of Scientific
American (Bob Bakker's cover story "Dinosaur Renaissance").

Yes, indeed that was most likely _Longisquama_ that you saw. It is mentioned on the official webisite in the cast of characters. Good eye!

-Jordan Mallon