Re: How did dromaeosaurs use their arms?

I can think of no extant cursorial animals whatsoever that have featherlike
or hairlike forelimb structures for ground-based maneuverability that didn't
already have them because they're descended from flying ancestors--and such
forelimb structures are usually vestigialized.

I'm afraid this isn't much of a point, because there are no living feathered creatures that are not birds. Therefore ALL feathered creatures living today are descended from flying ancestors.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court