Re: How did dromaeosaurs use their arms?

In a way, the "math" has been done, with a Chiappe et
al., 1999, paper describing the ability of
*Archaeopteryx* to provide enough thrust in its wings
alone to take off from the ground, running or
standing, I think. Not to argue ground-up or
trees-down, but Archie was _apparently_ able to get up
into the air without climbing.

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden

Qilong---is temporarily out of service.