Re: How did dromaeosaurs use their arms?

That's >exactly< my point. Feathered wings evolved just once. If feathered or
feathery or hairy forelimbs conferred any kind of real advantage on a
ground-dwelling cursorial vertebrate, we would see more such animals than
just birds.

Except that birds are, other than ourselves, about the only cursorial bipeds we've got (kangaroos aren't really cursorial, and I'm not sure that things like frilled lizards, which are only occasionally bipedal, fit here either). If there were several other independently-evolved cursorial biped lines for comparison, your idea (which I am not really disagreeing with) would be more easily testable.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court