Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #141

George wrote:

The point here is that Ponerosteus is most likely based on a dinosaur fossil,
whereas those others (including Aachenosaurus) are now known not to be:

My impression is that the "type" material of _Iguanodon_ (now _Ponerosteus_) _exogyrarum_ is of such poor quality that it cannot be determined if it's a dinosaur or not. As a _nomen dubium_, I would question whether _I. exogyrarum_ deserved to be given its own genus. I suppose if nothing else, it gets it out of the genus _Iguanodon_. When I receive my copy of MM#3, I'll be interested in reading your opinion on its identity.

By the way, where did you hear about Macrodontophion being a
mollusc lately?

I believe it was in Glut's _Dinosaur Encyclopedia_. I have heard it before though.