From: "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu CC: kinman@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: dinosaur synapomorphies
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 07:51:07 -0700 (PDT)

Ken Kinman wrote:

<I would like to see a discussion of some of the
synapomorphies that unite dinosaurs, and would
especially like to know which are regarded as the
strongest synapomorphies (least likely to be
convergent).>

  Novas, F.E. 1996. Dinosaur monophyly. _Journal of
Vertebrate Paleontology_ 16 (4): 723-741.

  Best discussion of the complete list of
synapomorphies (including *Eoraptor* and
herrerasaurids/staurikosaurids) of Dinosauria.
Includes comments on the evolution of the hip, which
is the most intrinstic dinosaurian innovation, and the pes.

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden

Qilong---is temporarily out of service.
Check back soon.