Re: How did dromaeosaurs use their arms?

In a message dated 5/15/2000 3:08:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ptnorton@email.msn.com writes:

> But Nick's point
>  remains valid--that changes in the aerodynamic performance of limb elements
>  certainly has the potential to change the animal's maneuverability, perhaps
>  less so in two dimensions, but perhaps more markedly so in three
dimensions.

My point was actually this: a human waving his or her naked arms about will
have little effect on his or her ability to turn sharp corners, but a quick
flick of a feathered arm can push off forcefully against the air and aid in a
sharp turn, especially if the animal's weight is low and the force of air
resistance therefore proportionally great.

Nick P.