Re: "Megalosaurus" inexpectatus the carcharodontosaurid?

In a message dated 5/14/00 9:59:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mickey_mortimer@email.msn.com writes:

> Other teeth with such wrinkles have recently been described from the Cerro
>  Castano Member of the Cerro Barcino Formation (Argentina), the Jobu
>  Formation of Mifune Group (Japan) and the Bauru Formation (Brazil).

I was just reading about the Mifune tooth, and also Jerry Harris's (1998)
suggestion that perhaps _Chilantaisaurus_ is a carcharodontosaur.  I find the
possibility of an Asian carcharodontosaur radiation very interesting indeed
(it would certainly modify some biogeographic hypotheses).

Harris reports that Chure (pers. comm.) considers that the braincase of
_Chilantaisaurus_ has been misdescribed and does not consider "the material"
allosauroid at all.  Jerry, I'm curious: is it just the braincase that Chure
considers non-allosauroid, or the whole taxon?  Does he have any other
suggestion for what it might be?

Nick Pharris