Re: "Megalosaurus" inexpectatus the carcharodontosaurid?

In a message dated 5/14/00 9:59:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mickey_mortimer@email.msn.com writes:

> Other
>  carcharodontosaurids such as Giganotosaurus carolini (Calenderos Member of
>  Rio Limay Formation, Argentina) and unnamed forms (Huincul Member of the
Rio
>  Limay Formation, Argentina; Rio Colorado Formation, Argentina) are also
>  known from South America, though I am unaware of the presence of tooth
>  wrinkles in these species.

_Giganotosaurus_ shows wrinkles across the entire face of the tooth, as in
_Carcharodontosaurus_ (Chure et al., 1999, 293); in the Brazilian specimen,
the wrinkles are limited to the distal edge--the same is true of an isolated
tooth from Chubut (reported in Vickers-Rich et al., 1999).

Nick Pharris