Re: How did dromaeosaurs use their arms?

Now that i am better informed with respect to the terminology used in
describing animal functions and anatomy than before, thanks to "James" A.
Headden's answer, I have made up a new question on how dromaeosaurs used their
arms and hands.

"James" A. Headden wrote:

> <<Ostrom (1976) showed the arm supination/pronation
> was limited, due largely to the wrist, whereas in less
> derived theropods, such as allosaurs, it was more
> capable of s/p.

This (dromaeosaurs having less s/p ability in ulna/radius than allosaurs)
doesn't really suggest that the origin of dromaeosaurs was arboreal, does it? I
find s/p of ulna/radius highly useful in climbing, far more useful than a
sideways flexing wrist would be.
----
Soittoäänet ja ikonit matkapuhelimeen!  http://www.iobox.fi/