Re: How did dromaeosaurs use their arms?

In a message dated 5/16/2000 9:06:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
martinh@DigitalWork.com writes:

> if the above is true, wouldn't
>  developing forearms that enable you to hop, skip, jump, bound, change
>  direction rapidly thus risk dislocating those very hip joints you say are
>  the cause of the problem in the first place?

I would say no, as the hip joint in these situations would be kept
immobile--the entire animal, including the hindlimb, would rotate, as opposed
to the body rotating relative to the hindlimb, as occurs when mammals turn.

Nick P.