Re: Chilantaisaurus (was Re: "Megalosaurus" inexpectatus the carcharodontosau...

In a message dated 5/16/2000 8:24:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com writes:

> _Allosaurus_ and _Chilantaisaurus_ appear to
>  be of similar body size, but the humerus of _Chilantai_ is double the
length

>  of the humerus of _Allosaurus_.  The femur and ilium (what is known of it)
>  are also _Allosaurus_-like too.

So the possibility remains that the pelvic and hindlimb material included in
_C. tashuikouensis_ could be from a carcharodontosaur?  Though I suppose this
is much less strongly supported without the braincase characters.

Nick P.