Re: Sternberg and Fiction (Marine Dinos)

curiously enough, the best interpretation of dinsaours in the flesh for
me was a dead one.

In Jurassic Park -the book, there is a sequence where someone finds a
'wierd dead animal' on the beach and takes it's picture and faxes it to
someone who recognises it for a dinosaur.  The discription of the dead
critter so exactly matches both the fossil slabs of Archeopteryx and
modern dead birds I find on the beach that the whole sequence was
embedded in my mind as the highlight of the book (and SHOULD have been
in the movie).  That's EXACTLY how I picture recently dead dinos.

Even if the dinosaur was temporally out of context this is the bit of
fiction that seems most right to me.

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics