How did Protoceratops walk? (Was AMNH Fighting Dinos)

--- MKIRKALDY@aol.com wrote:

> The AMNH website now has information on their
> exhibit "Fighting Dinosaurs: New Discoveries from
> Mongolia," which runs from May 19 - October 29,
> 2000.
> http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/fightingdinos/

The model of Protoceratops, shown here:

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/fightingdinos/gallery/proto3.jpg

reminded me of a question about Protoceratops.  How
could it have walked in that posture?

Aren't its forelegs too short for a quadruped?  (It
seems to me that the forelimbs on this model are
restored a little too long.)  With that huge head it
didn't walk on its hindlegs, did it?  Wouldn't this
have resulted in a very strange posture?

=====
Larry

"I've been ionized, but I'm OK now."