Re: pterosaur toes

I'm not sure but I think the first peron to depict the toe like that was
Kevin Padian and everybody else who does bipedal pterosaurs does it that
way 'cause he did.

I don't know why the toe is shown like that -weight stress on that toe
in that position SHOULD have led to a more robust side where the toe
attaches to the foot, and I don't believe we see that.

It would be like the weight distribution on a stiletto high heel, only
the heel is dipicted angled, not vertical, and curved, not straight.
That comparison alone should convinve people that if the toe was
supporting the weight of the animal as a high heel does, then it should
be thicker than it is to stand up to the weight strain.

-Betty Cunninham

--
Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com