Re: The media does it again... (humor)

At 15:51 2000-05-17 -0600, Richard W Travsky wrote:

>On Wed, 17 May 2000,  Dann Pigdon wrote:
>> [...]
>>"The origin of the water is supposed to be from the rainforests of > Papua
>>New Guinea some 2 million years ago ? the Jurassic period. > When that
>>water seeped into the ground, some would have dropped off > the backs of
>>dinosaurs."
>> [...]
>
>I thought the jurassic was a lot longer ago than that...
>
>Rich

The weird thing is that the water quite likely is a couple of million years
old (at least some of it) and it does come from the highlands of New
Guinea. However there certainly were no dinosaurs in New Guinea then (there
never was as a matter of fact since the area was ocean back in the
Mesozoic). However "Diprotodont Beer" doesn't sound quite as good from a
marketing point of view. On the other hand most water molecules probably
dropped of the back of a dinosaur at some time.

Tommy Tyrberg