-Jordan Mallon

From: "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@geol.umd.edu>

Secondly, the documentary "When Dinosaurs Ruled - China" which aired last
night on The Learning Channel was new.  For those who didn't catch it, it
included some great pictures of _Archaeoceratops_ and field photos of the
juvenile _T. bataar_ that Phil Currie is working on.

For those who did catch the episode, rest assured that Currie and I are both
aware that dromaeosaurids do not have arctometatarsi!! The narrator states
as much, and due to the insistence of the director that we use the name
"raptor" (I let slip "raptorial dinosaur" at one point) for "coelurosaur",
it leads to more than a bit of confusion. Also, rest assured that Phil
Currie was not injured by the attack of computer generated _Velociraptors_.
:-)

(I regret that my comment on _Gasosaurus_ being one of the most average of
all theropods did not make the final cut...).