R: AMNH exhibit

----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Norton <ptnorton@email.msn.com>
To: <NJPharris@aol.com>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2000 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: AMNH exhibit

> >Species yet to be named?  I know of a troodont and a lizard; what other
>> undescribed gems are hiding out at this exhibit?

> Has anyone named the Gobi dromaeosaurid described by Norell and >Makovicky
in
> AMNH Novitates No. 3215 (1997)?  If not, that may be one of them.

If I'm correct and if I remember correctly, Norell and Makovicky in their
last paper on American Museum Novitates "Important features of the
Dromaeosaurid Skeleton II: Information from Newly Collected Specimens of
Velociraptor mongoliensis" write that this material and which described in
the 1997 American Museum Novitates paper belong to Velociraptor
mongoliensis.

By
Marisa Alessandro
"Volounteer of Paleontological Museum of Monfalcone"
Via Achille Grandi n°18
38068 ROVERETO (TN) ITALY
Tel:039-0464-434658 Email amaris@tin.it