Sue's furcula (wishbone)

At the Field Museum's "Sue" web site, there are many nice little revelations,
including skull and brain scans, evidence of Sue's advanced age, a refutation of
the "bitten face" hypothesis, a broken rib, and the furcula.  The photograph of
the furcula on the Sue mount at <www.fmnh.org/sue/theory2.html> is obviously
upside down.  Also, I am not used to seeing the coracoids spread so far apart on
up-to-date theropod skeletal mounts.  And the position of the furcula surprises
me, not looking as it does in the recent JVP article on tyrannosaur furculae,
nor
as in extant birds.  (Note: I am not a trained anatomist, so I will hear out
anyone who is).  How does this placement square with the opinions of experts on
the list?  Don't get me wrong; I'm delighted to see Sue is up at last, and
overall, she looks gorgeous.  No offense intended.

On another note, I just got the March JVP, and enjoyed seeing the rapid
communication featuring Sue's brain and those big, beautiful olfactory orbs of
hers.

-- Ralph W. Miller III       gbabcock@best.com