Re: CAMELOTIA

At 01:03 PM 5/18/00 +0100, darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:
While the morphology of the anterior (=lesser) trochanter in
_Camelotia_ does suggest a prosauropod identity, it also has a reduced
fourth trochanter - a sauropod character. Also, whereas the distal
femur in prosauropods is bowed caudally when the femur is viewed
laterally or medially (as I suppose is primitive for dinosaurs), in
_Camelotia_ this area is straight. Again, this is a sauropod character
state. These reasons led Paul to suggest that _Camelotia_ may be the
most basal sauropod, rather than a melanorosaurid.

Or it may be transitional between melanorosaurids and sauropods. The above seems to me to support my contention that prosauropods are paraphyletic.