Re: Mammals preying on giant azhdarchid pterosaurs!

--- John Bois <jbois@umd5.umd.edu> wrote:

> Pollyanna might agree.  But the fossil record is
> filled with creatures
> which could not evolve strategies to counter certain
> predator
> strategies.  They are extinct.

Interesting, and I'd definitely like to know more.
Please give me an example of a species that was
terminated by inabilitiy to cope with predator
strategies.  In line with the discussion, please
exclude extinctions caused by humans or human
introduction of predators.  Most importantly, please
cite the evidence that proves that the extinction was
caused by predation.  Thanks.

=====
Larry

"I've been ionized, but I'm OK now."