Re: Mammals preying on giant azhdarchid pterosaurs!

The Carnegie museum has this nice article on the recent mammal found
woith all the dino birds in China:
http://www.clpgh.org/cmnh/news/99-jan-mar/990322jeholodens.html

The animal is shrew-sized and has hips and hindquarters more reptilian
than mammalian.  There are images of it here:
http://www.clpgh.org/cmnh/research/jeholodens/index.html

This instect eater was not eating eggs or ganging up to eat eggs, at
least.  What mammals from Mongolia or China are you referring to?  Dr
Luo suggests all early mammals that we've found are insectivourous.

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com