Re: Mammals preying on giant azhdarchid pterosaurs!

At 02:10 PM 22/05/00 -0400, John Bois wrote:

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Ronald Orenstein wrote:

> However, terrestrial or semi-terrestrial crocodiles, though now extinct,
> survived well past the end of the Cretaceous (eg Quinkana from
> Australia).

A well-respected hypothesis--that Australia is and has been relatively
depauperate in large carnivorous mammals (Tim Flannery)--may keep my
hypothesis alive here.

Considering that your hypothesis seems to depend on small egg-eating mammals, not large carnivores (and Australia certainly has the former, including dasyures and bandicoots), I don't see why.
--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court