Re: Mammals preying on giant azhdarchid pterosaurs!

> No clue.  How does this relate?

My guess would be that he is asking why so many
species of marine reptiles suffered the same sort of
sudden termination suffered by all species of
non-avian dinosaurs, and at the same time.  Mammals
may have been intrepid at getting at eggs, but not
that intrepid.  Not a bad question.

To be perfectly fair to John (though I certainly do not accept his hypothesis) the one group of Mesozoic marine reptiles known to be live-bearing, the ichthyosaurs, apparently died out long before the end of the Cretaceous. Of course I'm still trying to figure out how egg-eating mammalian predators (which presumably have been around since the Triassic) not only wiped out dinosaurs at the K-T, but ammonites, rudist corals, belemnites etc....

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court