Re: Oklahoma state fossil...

Yes, I should have said North American allosauroids. The only North >American allosauroid that I can think of off of the top of my head >that has been reconstructed to possibly approach T. rex size was >Epanterias, but that is still very questionable.

I haven't taken measurements of the specimen myself, but I recall hearing that the presently North Carolina Museum specimen of _Acrocanthosaurus_ has a skull only a few inches short of the length of the skull of the "Sue" _Tyrannosaurus_ specimen. Much more gracile, though.

                _,_

                     Jerry D. Harris
                 Fossil Preparation Lab
          New Mexico Museum of Natural History