From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
To: dbensen@gotnet.net, kinman@hotmail.com
CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Sharovipteryx
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:32:50 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/00 6:56:13 PM EST, dbensen@gotnet.net writes:

<< I don't have any really strong opinions about the matter either. The
prolacertiforms were a very diverse bunch (just compare Prolacerta to
Drepanosaurus) and they may well have given rise to such different creatures
as Sharovipteryx and Longuisquama. >>

Given the presence of a furcula and featherlike dermal structures, not to
mention a fairly theropodlike skull, it is surprising that there is so much
resistance to considering Longisquama to be a small theropodomorph.
>Anything< but (Heaven forbid!) that it should be a kind of small, arboreal
theropod.