Re: Sharovipteryx & Longisquama

In a message dated 5/24/00 2:00:45 AM EST, kinman@hotmail.com writes:

<< Does  Longisquama have a partially open acetabulum or other
"near-dinosaur"
 characteristics? >>

The only known specimen is the front end of a body, plus head. We do not know
the shapes of the pelvic elements, hind limbs, or tail, and these would be
where the dinosaurian relationships would show up best. We do have pretty
complete forelimbs, rib cage, anterior presacral column, and skull. Gotta
find a better specimen!

Longisquama was quite small; a live one would look neat in a bird cage--if
those are indeed feathers.