Re: Mammals preying on giant azhdarchid pterosaurs!

--- Ronald Orenstein <ornstn@home.com> wrote:

> To be perfectly fair to John (though I certainly do
> not accept his
> hypothesis) the one group of Mesozoic marine
> reptiles known to be
> live-bearing, the ichthyosaurs, apparently died out
> long before the end of
> the Cretaceous.

My understanding was that the anatomy of several other
types of marine reptiles more or less ruled out their
crawling up onto beaches to lay eggs.  IIRC, mosasaurs
are an example.  Possibly plesiosaurs too.  Someone
will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this to be
the case.

=====
Larry

"I've been ionized, but I'm OK now."