Question about an old reference

All,
Question for anyone.... I've got a problem with the date given for a
reference

I just received a copy of:      Goldfuss, A. 1842. Der Schädelbau des
Mosasaurus, durch Beschreibung einer neuen Art dieser Gattung erläutert,
Nova Acta Academa Ceasar Leopoldino-Carolinae Germanicae Natura
Curiosorum 21:1-28

The full title page says:
Der Schädelbau des Mosasaurus, durch Beschreibung einer neuen Art dieser
Gattung erläutert, von Dr. August Goldfuss, Director der Akademie.  Mit
vier Steindrucktaflen.  Der geologischen section der
naturforscher-versammlung zu Maiz im herbstmonde 1842 mitgetheilt (Acta.
Acad. Caes. Leop. Carol. Nat. Cur. Vol. XXI. P. I.)

Problem is that the BFV lists this article as being published in 1845:

Goldfuss, Georg August 1845.  Der Schädelbau des Mosasaurus, durch
Beschreibung einer neuen Art dieser Gattung erläutert.  Nova Acta Acad.
Leop.-Carol. XXI 173-200, pls. VI-IX.

.... and the page numbers are different (interestingly, my copy has both
page numbers at the top of the page with the larger number in
parenthesis).   It appears that there may have been two publications,
but wouldn't the first pub. be the one to be cited?

Bell used the 1845 date in his mosasaur article in AMR and Russell cited
1845 in his 1967 mosasaur publication.  I would like to use the correct
date in a paper that I am writing ...... If 1845 is the real date, what
is going on with the 1842 version?

Mike Everhart
Adjunct Curator of Paleontology
Sternberg Museum of Natural History