Re: Sharovipteryx

In a message dated 5/25/00 6:46:00 PM EST, dbensen@gotnet.net writes:

<<  For instance, Drepanosaurus and Megalancosaurus have a number of
adaptations that could only be arboreal. >>

It >looks like< a prehensile tail, doesn't it? Does that mean it was such in
an arboreal environment? Perhaps it was used to anchor Drepanosaurus or
Megalancosaurus in a stream bed so the animal would not be carried out of
control downstream. Likewise for its other adaptations; perhaps they had
nothing to do with arboreality. Until we see a living Megalancosaurus going
about its business, we won't know for sure.