Re: The duck that ruled the world

At 12:35 pm 26/05/00 +0800, Finback wrote:

>And this raises a question - aren't kiwis considered to be essentially
>moas, albeit aberrant pygmy forms? Or am I getting my dromornithids mixed
>up with moas?

        Aheh... the point I was making, when I forgot to type it [:S] was that
if
dromorithids are the same as the moa group, and kiwis are considered to be
moa relatives, then where does that put the kiwis and the Anseridae? [this
is the duck/swan/goose family, yes?]

|    Marcus Good aka "Finback"             | "That is not dead       |
|      goodmr@ses.curtin.edu.au            | Which can eternal lie,  |
| http://www.livejournal.com/users/finback | And with strange aeons  |
| "People called Romans, they go the       |      -- H P  Lovecraft, |
| houses?" - Centurion, "Life of Brian".   |      "Call of Cthulhu". |