Re: Origins (was: Re: Sharovipteryx)

In a message dated 5/26/00 10:56:13 AM EST, NJPharris@aol.com writes:

<< In a message dated 5/25/2000 7:18:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Dinogeorge
 writes:

 > I don't know of anybody who considered thermoregulatory function of
 > stegosaur plates as impossible before the Farlow et al paper.

 Maybe not, but the point is that it was still a logical possibility. >>

That's what I said. It was a logical possibility before the paper, and it is
a logical possibility after the paper. What we gained in the debate that
followed was some insight into thermoregulatory properties of plates, but
whether or not stegos actually used plates in this way remains an open
question.