Re: The duck that ruled the world

A couple of years ago we were talking onlist about how Diatryma was
living like a duck.
We also discussed how molecular data suggested that ratites were a sort
of side group of birds with galliformes (in this discussion including
ducks) being the closest near-relatives of ratites.

How would Diatryma be related to Bullockornis?

How would Presbyornis be related to Bullockornis?

-Betty

http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1998Aug/msg00008.html
"Reappraisal of the Eocene groundbird _Diatryma_ in Campbell" 1998

--
Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com