Re: Tyrannosaurus vs. "larger" Theropods

Greetings,
I realize that T rex almost definately did scavenge carcasses from time to
time. Its Horners contention that T. rex was unsuited for hunting that
bothers me. It's become a pet peeve with me at this point. Even more so after
Greg Paul pointed out the obsolesence of the concept. T.rex was obviously a
hunter and a damn good one. Ken Carpenter even found direct evidence of
tyrannosaurid hunting behavior that Horner seemingly ignores when he talks
about his scavenger theory. I assume most folks on the list are aware of
Carpenters hadrosaur fossil with the T. rex bite taken out of its tail that
had healed. I just dont understand how an intelligent, competent researcher
like Horner can so easily deny what is obvious to the rest of us. End of rant
                                                        Buckaroobwana