Re: Reuters does its math on new dinosaur

At 12:54 pm 27/05/00 EDT, MKIRKALDY@aol.com wrote:
>> Fossil of one-ton dinosaur found in Buenos Aires

>> BUENOS AIRES, May 27 (Reuters) - Fossilized remains of a massive
>> armadillo-like dinosaur were discovered during excavation to extend a
>> subway line in the west end of Buenos Aires, La Nacion newspaper
>> reported on Saturday.
>
>> Paleontologists Fernando Novas and Augustin Scanferla of the
>> Argentine Museum of Natural Sciences identified the fossil as belonging
>> to a 365-pound (800-kg) glyphodont, an armadillo-like dinosaur that had
                                ^^^^^^^^^

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a glyptodont? And if so... when the
slag did they become dinosaurs?

Unless, in my absentia, they found new ankylosaurid material with a new name...
|    Marcus Good aka "Finback"             | "That is not dead       |
|      goodmr@ses.curtin.edu.au            | Which can eternal lie,  |
| http://www.livejournal.com/users/finback | And with strange aeons  |
| "People called Romans, they go the       |      -- H P  Lovecraft, |
| houses?" - Centurion, "Life of Brian".   |      "Call of Cthulhu". |