Re: The duck that ruled the world

Maybe this was not obvious - I was being sarcastic (i was thinking of tge reason give for dinosaurian extinction by one memeber) ;-)

Yes, man killed dromornids just as he did moas and elephantbirds (and dodo and great auk and etc etc etc )

:
It is a  shame that they (moas, dromornids) are extinct. I suppose little
mammals ate all the eggs.

Actually it was big mammals, of the species Homo sapiens. And it wasn't just the eggs: the eating of lots of adult females also contributed to their demise.