Re: Origins (was: Re: Sharovipteryx)

I never said a person should become >irrationally< attached to a hypothesis!
Once the hypothesis is falsified, and there's little hope of showing that the
purported falsifications are themselves incorrect, it's time to kiss the
hypothesis goodbye.

This is perfectly valid, but it only applies to a genuine hypothesis - ie, one that is falsifiable. Many of the views about dinosaur behaviour, evolution and extinction expressed on this list and elsewhere, however, are not falsifiable. As such they are not hypothesese but (more or less) educated guesses - and yet these are (perhaps for that reason) often the ones clung to with the most vehemence by their proponents.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court