Re: Disney Dinosaur Follies...

on 05/28/00 10:02 PM, Dave Hardenbrook wrote:

> Actually, I'm getting tired of the evil theropods in dino movies... Our
> sharp-toothed, bird-like friends need equal time -- a movie that does
> for _T. rex, _Velociraptor_, _Oviraptor_, and _Troodon_ what
> _Born Free_ did for lions!
>
> Is _Oviraptor_ still considered an egg-eater, even in the light
> of the recent discoveries about their nesting behavior?

This is my sentiment exactly! I, too, am getting tired of evil theropods. I
knew immediately, without even hearing anything about the movie, that the
Carnotaur was going to be the bad guy. But they're still my favorite
characters.

The oviraptor thing bothered me too. I was surprised that after all the
recent studies that they had it steal the egg. (I found it particularly
amusing when my local newspaper called it a "chicken-like dinosaur" in their
review)

Sara
an unqualified, theropod biased view
--
"The world is round, and birds are dinosaurs."
                                                         -Kevin Padian