Re: Sundry responses of Bois

In a message dated 5/29/00 10:16:06 AM EST, sarima@friesen.net writes:

<< I have two problems with this paper.  One is that I find the argument that
 the "Shiva" feature is an impact crater unconvincing.  Given its provenance
 I think it more likely to be related to the hot-spot plume.  (It is not
 even clear it is a *crater*).

 Second, given the nature of the sedimentary record in the Deccan Traps, the
 time resolution on issues like extinctions is, to say the least,
 lousy.  Intertrappen beds are so few in number, and so thin, that all one
 has is a few tiny snapshots of the fauna. >>

Yep, agree with both sentiments here. Nevertheless, there is data on Indian
dinosaurs at the K-T boundary, and such as it is, it shows an abrupt
extinction sometime during the Deccan volcanism.