Re: Disney Dinosaur Follies...

Sara Burch wrote:

> on 05/28/00 10:02 PM, Dave Hardenbrook wrote:
>
> > Actually, I'm getting tired of the evil theropods in dino movies... Our
> > sharp-toothed, bird-like friends need equal time -- a movie that does
> > for _T. rex, _Velociraptor_, _Oviraptor_, and _Troodon_ what
> > _Born Free_ did for lions!

Where Disney is involved, good-guy carnivores are going to be rare, since many
of their films are character driven; as characters, carnivores present a problem
because they kill and eat "peaceful" dinosaurs. I think a film that presents the
dinosaurs as animals instead of humanized characters could pull it off, but at
the expense of Happy Meal marketing potential.  It needs a strong story that can
be told without dialogue or heavy narration....