Re: Testing for arboreality (was RE: On science (was Re: a bunch of other stuff))

could you jump the gun on such a test by emphasizing the study of
flightless and mostly flightless arborial birds (animals that shares
some large percentage of qualities such as bipedalism, etc, with your
ultimate comparison group of theropods)?

Does it count if you're concentrating your data collection with types
that seem to share more qualities with each other, or does it really
require the study of the set of all arborial animals?  It seems unlikely
that there would be any useful correlation with say, Archeopteryx and a
two-toed sloth.

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics