Re: svp notes and other stuff

    Hello everyone! This is my first post to the list, but I've followed
the
discussions closely for over a year, and I have to say this is probably
the
best resource for dinosaur enthusiasts on the web, or anywhere else for
that
matter!
    Anyway, on the subject of the Komodo dragons, I don't believe they
use
their 'morning mouth' bacteria to subdue prey. This does happen if the
prey
escape, but it takes days to go into effect. The dragons usually rely on
more
direct methods to kill their food. I'm no varanoid expert, but perhaps
Jura
want's to take a crack at this...
At any rate I doubt a large theropod would find such a technique very
useful.

--Matt Martyniuk
dinoguy2@yahoo.com