Re: THE NEW DINOSAURS (and other books)

In a message dated 11/17/00 11:12:02 PM EST, Danvarner@aol.com writes:

<< We're all hip to that. But still it's Greg's running theropod image that's
 the paradigm. Also, it's only fair to state that it was Sarah Landry's
 drawing of a feathered Syntarsis in Bakker's article in Scientific American
 that flabbergasted the world if we are really talking influence here. People
 were all talking up that issue as I remember. >>

You bet. But it was Bakker's article, and it appeared in 1975. In the article
he described the endothermic-dinosaur paradigm shift, which by then had
already occurred for many professionals; and the feathered Syntarsus was done
at his direction.