Re: Bambiraptor

Mike Taylor wrote:

> According to the dinosauricon's Bambiraptor page at
> http://dinosauricon.com/genera/bambiraptor.html
> it was described by Burnham, Derstler, Currie, Bakker, Zhou & Ostrom.
> I don't know much about paeleontology, but even I recognise the name
> Ostrom: anyone care to comment on his involvement in what looks (at
> least according to the Padian paper) like a very dodgy enterprise?

Except in unusual circumstances, I don't believe that we are permitted to
discuss the character of paleontologists on this list.  From his public
comments, it is clear that Ostrom found the _Bambiraptor_ specimens
fascinating.  Let's leave it at that.

-- Ralph W. Miller III   ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu