A Bambiraptor/Dinofest Question

  Do any other sciences (aside from Mineralology, of course) have an
equivilent to the Tuscon Gem and Mineral Show or Dinofest? These expositions
seem to me to be rather like the Auto Show or the Boat Show or the Sportsman
Show I grew up with back in Minneapolis. For instance, does anyone know if
archaeology has an equivalent to this phenomenon? Is there an Archaeofest
somewhere? Herpetology? Ornithology? And if such a thing exists apart from
dinosaur science, do they also publish (if you're lucky) some type of
proceedings that include papers, peer reviewed or otherwise? I'm very curious
about this. Dan Varner.