Re: Bambiraptor

In a message dated 11/19/00 7:11:13 PM, jeffmartz@earthlink.net writes:

<< > ....where paleontologists could examine them!

    Eric, I don't think you grasp just how much information is lost without

good locality data.  Without historical and geographic contect that comes

out of good locality data, relating the fossil to a bigger picture in some

way is really difficult.  >>

Oh, but I do. Plenty of vital information is indeed lost. However, something
is always better than nothing in this business. What we need is for private
collectors to be friendly with public collectors. It seems that some PhDs
would rather see some fossils rot than to have the "wrong" people dig them up.

eric l.