Re: Kirkaldy and SVP Ethics Statement

Ken Kinman wrote....
> Such
> documentation should be sufficient for the designation of additional type
> specimens (lectotypes or whatever) in the small percentages of cases where
> the private collectors are not cooperative in the future.

    The "small percentage of cases"?  I'd like to see a few statistics to
back up THAT claim...

and Dinogeorge wrote...
>Oh, give me a break! I personally certainly wouldn't do something as absurd
>as this, but think about what has been happening with the Protoavis
material.
>Shall we drum Sankar Chatterjee out of the SVP?

    George, if you want to look at the Protoavis material come down here and
see it yourself.  Visiting collections is a good practice to get into.

LNJ
A psychic is an actor playing the role of a psychic.
-Psychologist-magician Daryl Bem

It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis.
-Margaret Bonnano
Jeffrey W. Martz
Graduate student, Department of Geosciences, Texas Tech University
3002 4th St., Apt. C26
Lubbock, TX 79415