From: "Ken Kinman" <kinman@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: Troodon eggs
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:35:21 GMT

Thomas,
Jeffrey posted that reply from Carpenter saying Troodon is known from Continuoolithus (ornithoid) eggs. And now we have this paper saying Troodon is known from non-ornithoid eggs.
Something doesn't sound right here, or the ornithoid/non-ornithoid eggshell distinction isn't as phylogenetically informative as some think it is. Guess I'd better put the Varricchio paper on the top of my read list.
Scratching my head, Ken