Re: AMARGASAURUS SATTLERI

In a message dated 8/21/00 12:33:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

<< It's difficult (though not impossible) to avoid paraphyletic genera in
this
 situation. If D. sattleri and A. cazaui are sister groups, then D. sattleri
 could indeed be placed in the genus Amargasaurus. But then what happens to
 the common ancestor of Dicraeosaurus and Amargasaurus? >>

Let's worry about that when we dig it up and recognize it as such, OK?

We only have to name and classify the individuals available for study (thank
God!).

Nick P.