Re: crocodile reversed or normal

In a message dated 8/24/00 6:41:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time, cbrochu@fmnh.org
writes:

<< It should be pointed out that in the draft PhyloCode (article 11, I think),
 this kind of situation will not arise - if one uses a member taxon's name
 as the root for a clade name, that member taxon must also be the specifier.

I'm beginning to think that all PT names should be eponymous.  Saves us the
confusion of having clades named for particular features, even though they
may contain taxa lacking those features.

When you get right down to it, all you can definitively say about *all* the
members of a PT taxon is that they are (more or less) closely related to the
anchor.

Nick P.